Tuesday 20 July 2010

Modern love walks beside me, modern love walks on by.



An art tutor once told me that he liked my art but wouldn't want to live in the world that I'd created through my drawings. I always remembered this and its influenced how I draw and specifically how I design my characters.

These are sketches for a graphic novel idea I've had stuck in my head for years now. It started as a bit of indulgent fantasy and wish fulfillment but I've slowly chipped away at the idea like a bit of marble and I've ended up with a story that I'd like to tell. I'm going to put more character designs up on here soon so I'd love for you to tell me if you could live in their world.

Its a bit like Avatar with less dragons, but ironically with people putting ponytails where they don't belong.

1 comment:

Katie Green said...

I'm dying to know which tutor said that! I can guess, but I'd still like confirmation....

I'm really keen to know about your graphic novel plans. I really think you should consider attending the course I went on as you'd benefit so much from it. There's one running this September and there's probably still places (and grants available - I got some help with the cost both times I went).

From what I've seen so far I could live in their world...looking forward to seeing more :)